As a reader of fiction, you should really check out this article. It makes some really great points and defends what those of us who love fiction have known all along: that reading makes us better people.
So not too long ago I found what was once a fairly famous blog: twilightguy.com. It was awesome because each chapter that he read he would immediately blog about before reading another chapter. I loved getting his take on each chapter afresh. Watching as things dawned on him etc. It was almost as good as reading the Twilight series for the first time again. The most recent books I’ve been reading have been the first since Twilight that I have really wanted to slow down my reading somewhat and truly savor them: The Imdalind Series . I know that this is the only chance I have to experience them for the first time and I have a feeling they will be ones that I return to over and over. As certain things have unraveled I have sort of wished that I could blog as I read, chapter by chapter like Twilight Guy.
I. Just. Can’t. Do. It. I don’t know why. Shapeshifters, no problem. Werewolves, who cares. Vampires, cool. Just don’t ask me to have anything to do with GHOSTS!
So now you’ve heard how I was dragged, kicking and screaming, to read these books and you are probably wondering – So what’s your assessment? What did you think?
Comments
Post a Comment